Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Apple Jack Crack

I honestly cannot control myself around cereal.
Let me explain.


Whenever I start logging more running miles, I tend to crave sweets and carbs at nighttime. So when I saw a commercial for Apple Jacks last night I NEEDED to have them. I didn't hop in the car and go get them (thankfully I have enough self-control left to not run Forrest Gump style to the nearest grocery store), but when my mom asked me if there was anything she could pick up for me at the store today, I jumped at the opportunity to ask for my kiddy craving. 

I basically ripped the box from her hands as soon as she walked in the door, and went on to consume my body weight in Apple Jacks. For about an hour, I was feeling like my 5-year-old ADHD wild-child self again. Two hours later, I'm feeling the full-on sluggish after effects of my sugar-fueled energy craze :( 

Do you have a specific type of food that you crave after a long run?

No comments:

Post a Comment