Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Choco-Banana Muffin Madness

How were all of your weekends?! 

Mine was SO amazing, but I am definitely ready to get back into my normal routine and hopefully be able to run/work out again tomorrow morning without injuring my IT band any further! But back to my perfect weekend.. :)

I started it off with my best friend Britta's birthday party on Saturday night! It was so fun to have all of my friends together at Britta's new house in Whitewater :) We had a blast!

Me (right) with the birthday girl, Britta (left) and her cake :)

I also got to be with all of my favorite girls, which is difficult because we all go to different schools, so we obviously had the time of our lives!

All of my favorite ladies! (from left to right) Katie, Britta (birthday girl!), Me, and Emily

I bought Britta the giant margarita glass in the photo above after we saw it in a store a few days earlier and she thought it was hilarious. Obviously, I knew that it needed to be a part of her birthday present!

Clearly we put it to good use ;)

After a crazy, amazing night in Whitewater, I was ready for a relaxing Memorial Day weekend! So I headed back up north to spend the next couple of days relaxing and eating copious amounts of food with my family. It was wonderful.

However, I am definitely ready to get back into the swing of things. My legs are aching for a good run! I think I have restless leg syndrome. Probably. 

To settle my obvious case of R.L.S, I went on a 4 mile walk with my cousin Lauren and her lunatic dog, Buster around Lake Wazeecha tonight. It was a beautiful night, and it was nice to just get out and MOVE!

When I got home, I had a craving for one of my favorite baked goods (as if you couldn't already tell, I have a sweet tooth that CANNOT be tamed). So I headed to the kitchen to make my adaptation to Katie's Single Lady Cupcake! I absolutely LOVE Katie's site! She is soo creative in the kitchen, and she always has a solution for my sugar addiction!

I adapted the recipe a little bit (since I am not a vegan), and came up with this winner: 

Choco-Banana Muffin

Once again, I apologize for the bad photo quality. I am still using my phone because I'm too lazy to drive to Best Buy to fix my camera :)

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons flour (I use whole-wheat)
1 Tablespoon sugar (or Stevia/Splenda)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/16 teaspoon salt
1 pinch baking soda
1/2-1 Tablespoon mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon mashed banana
1 Tablespoon applesauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons water or milk (I like Almond Breeze)


Instructions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.) Grease muffin pan for 1 muffin
3.) Combine all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and stir until combined
4.) Scoop batter into greased muffin pan
5.) Bake for 12-14 minutes
6.) Remove from oven and allow to cool (slightly if you're like me and LOVE melted chocolate and a warm muffin :) )

DIG IN :)


1.) Do you have a sweet tooth?

1 comment:

  1. I totally have a sweet tooth! Ha. *waves* Hi Brooke, just checking out your blog after you commented mine. So cute! I love your font especially! :)

    These choco-banana muffins look incredible! And go you for walking for 4 miles! I cannot wait to be healthy enough to do that again.

    ps. That margarita glass for your friend is seriously epic! Lol.

    Dee.xoxo (deeliciouz.com)

    ReplyDelete