Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend at Home

What an amazing weekend in Madison!! It was so, so, good to see all of the old v-town crew after a couple of weekends apart! Things were back to normal in no time at all :)

On Friday after work, I drove down to Madison for the weekend. When I got there, I immidiately picked up my life long friend, Meaghan, for a little Red Mango stop :) We tried the new Raspberry Cheesecake flavor, which we both topped with raspberries and yogurt chips! It was FANTASTIC.

love me some froyo!

While walking on State after our yogurt break, we walked past a new store that we'd never seen before and had to do a double take.. Campus Candy is now officially our new favorite place!

view of State from the store

Once we got inside, we found out that they not only sold copious amounts of delicious, old-fashioned and new candies, but also four flavors of froyo and a massive amount of toppings.. WIN! We might have served ourselves to a little more soft serve.. because you really can never have enough froyo!

We obviously had to sit in this giant booth so I could snap an awkward picture of Meaghan.

We had soo much fun! The rest of my weekend consisted of nights full of drinks, popcorn and endless campfire smores, so this morning, I was ready for a little fruit intervention!

I treated myself to a yummy Banana Smoothie!

Sweet, cold, delicious-ness!

Ingredients:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 frozen banana
1 cup Almond Breeze
1 pinch xanthan gum

Now it's off to the gym and then work. Happy Monday everyone!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Red Mango has a Raspberry Cheesecake flavor?! *gasp*

    Your banana smoothie looks really yummy!

    dee.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and it is wonderful!! Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete